Aug 12, 2018
1. God can be known (Acts 17:22-23).
2. God is the Creator and does not need anything from anyone (Acts 17:24-25).
3. All people are related in the sight of God, who sovereignly rules over all (Acts 17:26).
4. God is near to everyone and wants them to seek Him (Acts 17:27-28).
5. God is not like anything...
Aug 5, 2018
1. Be grieved by the idolatry all around us (Acts 17:16).
2. Tell people about Jesus emphasizing His resurrection. Talk about Jesus not just at church, but also in daily life (Acts 17:17-18).
3. Find effective ways to take nonbelievers from where they are spiritually to the true and living God (Acts...
Jul 29, 2018
1. The importance of studying the Scriptures to see if what you are being told is true (Acts 17:10-11).
2. The gospel of Christ is the power of God to salvation for everyone who puts their faith in Jesus (Acts 17:12).
3. Opposition never thwarts God's purpose (Acts 17:13-15).
Our response to the truth of...
Jul 22, 2018
1. The Gospel brings conversion: dramatic changes in the lives of people who are saved (1 Thessalonians 1:4-10).
2. The Word of God works effectively in our lives, including times when we experience opposition and trouble (1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2:13).
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming again to take all those who have...
Jul 15, 2018
1. Start with what people are familiar with and tell them about Jesus, emphasizing His death and resurrection (Acts 17:1-4).
2. Expect opposition from those who refuse to believe (Acts 17:5-9).
Our response to the truth of the Word of God:
Tell others that Jesus is the Christ and that He suffered and died for them and...